September is a wonderful time to visit Seattle as the weather is typically mild and comfortable. Here are a few activities you can enjoy:
- Visit Pike Place Market: This bustling market is a staple of Seattle life. You’ll find a variety of vendors selling fresh produce, handmade goods, and delicious food. Don’t forget to watch the famous fish throwing!
- Explore the Space Needle: Visit the iconic Space Needle and take in the panoramic views of the city from the observation deck. It’s also home to a revolving restaurant where you can dine while enjoying the view.
- Walk Around the Seattle Waterfront: A beautiful place to stroll, eat, and shop. Here, you’ll find the Seattle Great Wheel, the Aquarium, and a number of piers with spectacular views of the water.
- Check Out the Museum of Pop Culture: If you’re a fan of music, movies, and pop culture, this museum will not disappoint. It features a wide range of exhibits, from Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana to Star Trek and Indie Game Revolution.
- Visit the Seattle Art Museum: Here, you’ll find an extensive collection of Native American art, contemporary art, and pieces from around the world.
- Go to a Seahawks Game: If you’re a football fan, Seattle’s NFL team usually starts its season in September. Experience the electric atmosphere of a Seahawks game at Lumen Field.
- Take a Ferry Ride: Washington State Ferries offer beautiful views of the Puget Sound. Consider a trip to Bainbridge Island for a day of exploration or simply for the ride itself.
- Enjoy Nature: Take a hike in the nearby Mt. Rainier National Park, or for something closer, try the Washington Park Arboretum or Discovery Park.
- Attend a Festival: Seattle hosts several festivals in September. Check out the Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival, or the Washington State Fair in nearby Puyallup.
- Tour the Chihuly Garden and Glass: This amazing exhibit showcases the work of renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. It’s especially magical at night.
- Visit the Fremont Troll: This quirky roadside attraction, a giant troll sculpture under a bridge, is a fun stop to make.
Enjoy your trip to Seattle!