Seattle, Washington is a beautiful city with lots to offer at any time of year, including February. While the weather can be a bit chilly and drizzly in February, there are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities that you can enjoy. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Visit Pike Place Market: This is a must-see in Seattle no matter what time of year. This market is filled with delicious food, unique crafts, and lively street performances.
2. Seattle Art Museum (SAM): The SAM houses a wide variety of art from around the world. The exhibits change regularly, so there is always something new to see.
3. Chihuly Garden and Glass: This amazing exhibit showcasing Dale Chihuly’s glass art is absolutely stunning. It’s beautiful any time of year but is particularly nice during the winter when the contrast between the vibrant glass and the gray skies is most striking.
4. Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP): Formerly known as the Experience Music Project, this is a great place to explore the influence of popular culture on our society.
5. Seattle Aquarium: Situated on the waterfront at Pier 59, the Seattle Aquarium is a fantastic indoor activity where you can see a variety of marine life.
6. Tour the Underground: Learn about Seattle’s history with a tour of the underground city, a network of underground passageways and basements in downtown Seattle that were ground level at the city’s inception in the mid-19th century.
7. Visit a Coffee Shop: Seattle is known for its coffee culture. Visit the original Starbucks or try out some local favorites.
8. Snow Sports: If you’re willing to venture a bit out of the city, the surrounding mountains offer skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports.
9. Pacific Science Center: Another great indoor option, this interactive museum offers fun for all ages.
10. Indoor Rock Climbing: Seattle has several indoor rock climbing facilities, which can be a fun and active way to spend a day.
11. Seattle Central Library: The unique architecture alone is worth a visit, but this library also offers great views of the city.
12. Theaters and Concerts: Check out what shows or concerts are in town during your visit. The Seattle Symphony, the Paramount Theatre, and other local venues often host a wide range of performances.
13. Whale Watching Tours: February is not peak season for whales, but some tour companies run year-round and you may be able to spot resident orca pods.
Remember, the weather in Seattle can be a bit unpredictable in February, so it’s always a good idea to have a mix of indoor and outdoor activities planned. Always dress in layers and be prepared for rain. Enjoy your visit!