Seattle has a rich and vibrant theater scene, featuring everything from Broadway productions to small local plays. Here are some of the most notable theaters in the city:
- The 5th Avenue Theatre: This is one of the nation’s leading musical theater companies. It’s known for both its productions of classic musicals and the development of new works.
- Paramount Theatre: A beautiful historic venue that hosts a wide variety of events, including Broadway productions, concerts, dance performances, and more.
- ACT Theatre (A Contemporary Theatre): This theater focuses on producing contemporary work with a dedication to new writing, and it has been a leading force in new play development for decades.
- Seattle Repertory Theatre: This is the largest nonprofit resident theater in the Pacific Northwest and serves its audience by producing a full season of the finest classic and contemporary dramatic work.
- Neptune Theatre: Originally a single-screen movie house, it has since been renovated and now serves as a venue for live performances including music, comedy, and more.
- The Moore Theatre: The oldest still-active theater in Seattle, The Moore hosts a variety of theatrical performances, musical concerts of all genres, and lectures.
- Book-It Repertory Theatre: This unique theater company adapts written work for the stage with a style that preserves the narrative voice of the original text.
- Intiman Theatre: Known for its innovative and inclusive productions, this company aims to produce work that is relevant and challenging.