Seattle, Washington, has an array of activities to offer in November. Though it’s known for its rainy weather this time of year, there are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities to enjoy. Here are some of the best and most fun things to do:
- Museum Exploration: Seattle has a variety of museums catering to different interests. Explore the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) with its music, sci-fi, and pop culture exhibits. Or visit the Seattle Art Museum and the Chihuly Garden and Glass to enjoy some impressive art collections.
- Pike Place Market: This iconic public market overlooks the Elliott Bay waterfront in Seattle. With various vendors selling fresh produce, specialty foods, and crafts, it’s a great place to explore even in rainy weather. Don’t forget to see the fishmongers tossing fish at the Fish Market.
- Theater and Music Shows: Check out the schedule for performances at the Paramount Theatre or Benaroya Hall. Seattle has a thriving arts scene and you can often find a wide range of performances, from Broadway shows to concerts by the Seattle Symphony.
- Indoor Rock Climbing: The Seattle Bouldering Project offers a fun and challenging indoor activity. It’s suitable for all levels, from beginners to experienced climbers.
- Seattle Aquarium: Located on Pier 59 on the city’s Elliott Bay waterfront, the Seattle Aquarium is home to a variety of marine life. It’s a fun place to visit regardless of the weather.
- Visit a Coffee Shop: Seattle, being the birthplace of Starbucks, has a strong coffee culture. Visit the original Starbucks at Pike Place Market or check out one of the many unique, cozy local coffee shops around the city.
- Space Needle: Although it’s an outdoor activity, the view from the Space Needle can be quite dramatic on rainy days. The indoor observation deck allows you to enjoy the view while staying dry.
- The Seattle International Auto Show: If you’re in Seattle in November, you might be able to catch this auto show. It usually takes place in the second week of November and showcases the latest cars, trucks, and SUVs from various manufacturers.
- Wine Tasting: Washington State is known for its wine, and Seattle has many wine bars and tasting rooms. November is also a great month to visit Woodinville Wine Country, which hosts its Saint Nick’s Winter Wine Tasting event at the beginning of the month.
- Savor Seattle Food Tours: Try a food tour to sample a variety of what Seattle’s culinary scene has to offer.
Remember that November is part of the rainy season in Seattle, so be sure to dress appropriately and consider indoor activities, or activities that are enjoyable even if it’s a bit wet outside. Enjoy your visit!