October in Seattle offers a variety of exciting activities, ranging from outdoor adventures to cultural events. The weather can be unpredictable, so it’s always a good idea to plan both indoor and outdoor activities. Here are some ideas:
- Explore Pike Place Market: This iconic market is a must-visit. You can explore numerous stalls selling fresh produce, seafood, flowers, and artisanal products. Don’t forget to stop by the original Starbucks store.
- Visit the Seattle Art Museum: The Seattle Art Museum often hosts special exhibitions, making each visit unique.
- Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes: There are several farms in the Seattle area that host fall activities such as pumpkin picking, hayrides, and corn mazes. Some of them include Carpinito Brothers Farm, Jubilee Farm, Bob’s Corn Maze, and Pumpkin Farm.
- Hiking and Leaf Peeping: October is a fantastic time for hiking, with the fall foliage on full display. Try the Discovery Park Loop Trail or Washington Park Arboretum for stunning views.
- Visit the Seattle Aquarium: Located on the waterfront, the Seattle Aquarium is fun for all ages. It’s a great indoor activity for a rainy day.
- Ghost Tours: With Halloween in October, Seattle offers several ghosts and haunted tours around Pioneer Square and other historic areas.
- Leavenworth Oktoberfest: If you’re willing to take a trip outside the city, Leavenworth, a Bavarian-styled village, hosts one of the largest Oktoberfest celebrations outside Germany. It usually takes place on weekends throughout October.
- Earshot Jazz Festival: This annual music festival typically takes place in October, featuring local, national, and international jazz musicians.
- Attend a Seahawks or Sounders Game: If you’re a sports fan, consider catching a Seahawks NFL game or a Sounders MLS match.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: A visit to this museum provides an impressive look at Dale Chihuly’s glass art. The exhibits are even more striking when lit up at night.
- Fremont Oktoberfest: This three-day event is one of the largest beer festivals in Seattle, featuring local craft beers, a street scramble, and other fun activities.
Always check the specific guidelines before planning your trip.